Installing custom indicators to the Metatrader 4 platform is actually a pretty simple task. Please find below the 7 steps to installing custom indicators to the Metatrader 4 platfrom.
7 Steps to installing custom MT4 indicators.
1. Open your Metatrader 4 platform.
2. Download and save the custom indicator to your desktop or any other folder located on your local computer.
3. Choose “File” then “Open Data Folder” (Ctrl + Shift + D) on your Metatrader 4 platform.
4. Explore the following folder: MQL4 > Indicators.
5. Copy and paste the custom indicator into this folder.
6. Restart Metatrader 4.
7. Custom indicators are stored by default in the custom indicator folder.
8. To access these indicators, go to Top Menu > Insert > Indicators > Custom.
8. In order to add a custom indicator to any of your Metatrader 4 charts, you will need to select a forex chart with one mouse click, then go to Top Menu > Insert > Indicators > Custom > click the indicator of your choice.